Friday, September 17, 2004

Why another movie review site?

I love movies. I love drama, comedy, action, horror, farce, slasher, indie, blockbuster; you name it. And I have a warm spot in my heart for films that mainstream critics call ‘bad’ – Friday the 13th, Brain Donors, Critters 4. On the other hand, I really, really dislike some films that are quite popular – Con Air, Titanic, and more.

I love movies because they are a virtually unique art form. The collaborative effort of perhaps thousands of professionals and amateurs who work together to make a public art form that is very personal for their audience. Unable to be made without a team effort, they nonetheless are undeniably strongly shaped by the individual actors, directors, composers, and others that make them.

Here at BMM I am going to review films, tell you what I like and what I don’t like, and explain the why of both. Why make another review site? Mainly because I like reviews almost as much as I like movies. I like to see how movies have touched others on intellectual and emotional levels. I learn new things about the movies I have already seen and can look for things I otherwise would have missed in movies I will watch later.
I hope I can give you insights into these movies and help you see new things in movies you are familiar with. I will at least try to warn you about movies you might want to give a miss and encourage you to see good movies you might otherwise not consider. And I encourage you to suggest movies to me for review; the more obscure, the better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am a movie frek and i love to watch movie in my free time.recently i watched harry potter movies with my friends at home.it such a great movie to watch i really like this movie.however this movie was in two sequel i watched the first part of this movie but i am sure the second one is more intresting.i will surely gonna watch this movie.but before i am ready to watch Georgia movie.its a action movie.i watched its trailer its looking awesome.its a Drama,Action,War,movie.and i like it.you can also watch or download Georgia movie with great video quality so enjoy the movie.